The following positions are currently available at iHeartMedia, Harrisonburg/Staunton, VA.
Job Title: Board Operator
Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
- Works well in a team environment
- 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- None required
Harrisonburg, VA: 207 University Blvd, 22801
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
To apply for this position, please visit: HERE
IHEARTMEDIA WEBSITE RECRUITMENT ALERTIf your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for iHeartMedia, please provide iHeartMedia with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person:
Attn: Recruitment, 207 University Boulevard, Harrisonburg VA | (540) 434-1777 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLIC EEO REPORT
Click here for the latest EEO Document